.

Monday, February 11, 2019

JOB DESIGN AND JOB CHARACTERISTICS :: essays research papers

Job design and job characteristics atomic number 18 very provoke topics for discussion. In my opinion the modern route, that of fitting jobs to people, is the best decision a manager can make when designing jobs. It leaves employees more space to have new challenges and take more responsibility in their job.While see the Overview of the Job Characteristics Model each of the concepts mentioned brought some(prenominal) examples in my mind. I do not want to cite the concepts from the book, but I will implement some examples from my own experience and that of my colleagues.The organisation where I domesticate is undergoing several major changes, such as replacing the IT constitution, changing the work suffice and procedures, launching new products in the market, putting all the branches online, etc. This has more of decennium than not lead to dissatisfaction of employees, since they are functional long hours and up to now weekends and are not being motivated enough. Their sa lary has not changed and no bonuses are promised. This may lead to inefficiency and absenteeism. great deal may be less efficient to acculturation work earlier and even take sick leave from work to be more with their families. Another issue related to the change is that employees are required to learn how to use this new system and procedures in a very short period of eon and this has caused increased stress, apart from the solicitude that this change can bring about understaffing in the near future. People are really trying hard to fit into the new system and rules, but their expectations are not always met.Since I am public lecture about meeting expectations, I would like to be a niggling more specific. When I was first interviewed for the job position I shortly have, I was told that I would have a salary increase. Yet, after ten months, nothing has changed it still remains a promise. And I have even started thinking about looking for another job, at a time when I didnt ev en think about leaving my modern job. Unmet expectations can lead to such situations and managers have to be really thrifty this does not happen, or at least they must try to arise a system of prevention.Moreover, people feel they are not handle equally as regards pay and promotions. There are new employees climax in the organisation and they receive higher salaries than the existing employees, who have been working there for years and have much more experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment